Dan Westfahl Named Brookfield Elementary Principal
15 May 2013
The Elmbrook School Board named Dan Westfahl as the new Principal of Brookfield Elementary School during its board meeting on Tuesday night after an extensive selection process.
Dr. Westfahl currently serves as the Principal of Stormonth School in the Fox Point-Bayside School District. He previously served as a Principal in the Maple Dale-Indian Hill School District, where he was also the district’s Director of Curriculum. In addition, Dr. Westfahl taught first grade for 16 years at Marcy Elementary School in the Hamilton School District and was an Adjunct Professor at Carroll College, where he received his Bachelor’s degree. Westfahl received his Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and his Doctorate in Leadership for the Advancement of Learning and Service from Cardinal Stritch University.
"Dan Westfahl has a deep understanding of teaching and learning, has a great commitment to students and families, and is an outstanding educational leader," said Mark Hansen, Superintendent of the School District of Elmbrook. "We look forward to welcoming Dr. Westfahl to the district this summer.”
Lynn Raines, who has served as Principal of Brookfield Elementary School since 2009, announced in March that she would resign her position at the end of the school year. Dr. Westfahl will begin as Principal at Brookfield Elementary School on July 1.
- District Seeks Input from Business and Community Leaders
- Elmbrook Student and Teachers are Herb Kohl Excellence Scholarship and Fellowship Recipients
- Superintendent Chat and Board Candidate Meet & Greet in March
- Elmbrook Parent Network Announces March Presentations
- Summer School Registration by Mail March 9-29
- Elmbrook Students Honored at Milwaukee Regional Art Fair