Elmbrook Schools' Preschool
Elmbrook Schools’ Preschool is a high-quality program where experts will utilize resources in reading, writing, math, science, and social and emotional development to prepare our youngest learners for success. This tuition-based program features Wisconsin-certified instructors with Master's and Bachelor's degrees in a stimulating and nurturing educational environment. We provide classroom assistants for a maximum 1:10 student/teacher ratio.
Our preschool program runs throughout the school year, 5 days a week, with morning or afternoon session options. On-site 6AM-6PM daycare is available.
Any child who is 4 years old, on or before September 1, 2017 can apply for 2017-18 preschool. There is no early entrance process for preschool. To apply, please fill out the online enrollment application under "New Enrollment". For more information about the preschool program, please call Dixon Elementary School at (262) 785-3970 or Christy Schmid at (262) 781-3030 x1183.
Preschool will be located at Burleigh Elementary for the 2017-18 school year.
Important Dates/Elmbrook Schools' Preschool Timeline listed at right.
- PreSchool Q & A
- Parent Information Night 2017 Presentation
- Enrollment Application
- Is childcare available for before or after preschool?
- 2017-2018 Calendar
- 2017-2018 Supply List
- Parent Handbook
- Additional Forms & Documents
- Any child who is 4 years old, on or before September 1, 2017 can apply for 2017-18 Preschool. There is no early entrance process for preschool.
- The preschool teachers are Wisconsin-certified elementary teachers with an early childhood emphasis. Each preschool classroom will also be staffed with a qualified assistant. Adult to student ratio is 1:10.
- 2017-18 Preschool will be located within Burleigh Elementary School, 16185 Burleigh Place, Brookfield 53005
- The Preschool Program runs Monday-Friday. The morning session runs 8:30-11:15 a.m. and the afternoon session runs 12:30-3:15 p.m.
- Families can select a preference of the morning or afternoon session when applying, but preference is not guaranteed, as each session has limited capacity. Families will be notified of placement in the program, as well as AM or PM session placement.
- Non-residents may complete the enrollment process; however enrollment priority is given to district residents.
- Families must provide transportation to and from preschool.
- Preschool will follow the Elmbrook Schools Calendar with a few exceptions. A calendar will be provided to families in Spring 2017.
How much is tuition for preschool?
Preschool Tuition is $3,700 per school year. The $250 non-refundable deposit will be applied towards your first tuition payment. Tuition is billed in four installments. For more information about preschool tuition please call Christy Schmid (262)781-3030 x1109.
The tuition payment schedule is as follows:
$250 non-refundable deposit due at time of enrollment
$675 first quarter tuition payment - August 1, 2017
$925 second quarter tuition payment - November 1, 2017
$925 third quarter tuition payment - January 3, 2018
$925 fourth quarter tuition payment - March 1, 2018
Childcare is provided outside of preschool hours and delivered by a childcare provider, not the school district. Mary Linsmeier Schools - Children's Edu-Care will be providing care. All fees and paperwork associated with childcare are completed with Mary Linsmeier Schools and not handled by the school district. Mary Linsmeier will also be providing childcare for students on non-school days. Registration and fees required.How is preschool different from 4K?
The Elmbrook Schools' Preschool program is not taxpayer funded. It is tuition-based. The preschool program does prepare students for a 5K experience.
What will be the focus of the preschool curriculum?
- uses the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards
- primary focus on language and literacy development (letter knowledge, phonological awareness, emergent reading)
- exposure to math and science concepts through an inquiry process
- cultivating social and emotional development through peer interactions
- development of executive function skills (cognitive skills such as impulse control, multitasking, following multistep directions, remaining focused/avoiding distractions, problem-solving, and self-regulation)
Childcare (also known as "wraparound care") is provided outside of preschool hours. It is delivered on-site at Burleigh by Mary Linsmeier Schools - Children's Edu-Care from 6AM to 6PM. It is not run by the School District of Elmbrook. Mary Linsmeier will also be providing childcare for students on non-school days. Registration and fees required.Registration for childcare is done directly with Mary Linsmeier. Mary Linsmeier's contact info: www.marylinsmeierschools.org or (262)783-2780.
Below you will find a few documents to provide further information regarding care before or after your child's preschool session.
Child Health Report
Disabilities & Special Dietary Needs
Payment Policies and Procedures
EFT Authorization Form
EFT Cover Letter
Parent Letter / Photo Permission Slip
State Child Care Enrollment Form
State Health History & Emergency Care Plan Form
State Student Immunization Record
2017-18 Welcome Checklist
Your Guide to Regulated Childcare
Preschool Application for 2017-18 now open
Tuesday, August 29th
Parent Information Night, Burleigh Elementary, 6:00-6:30pm or 6:30-7:00pm
First Day of School
No School- Labor Day