To help, the district established critical success factors to guide the work.
Key process steps include:
Critical Success Factors:
1. Solicits broad stakeholder input to include families, staff and community partners.
2. Promotes student, staff, and family well-being
3. Allows for professional development of our staff during the work day
4. Considers all Federal Holidays, Religious Observations, and State Mandates.
1. Conduct and evaluate segmented stakeholder survey results that include feedback and input on:
a) school start/end time.
b) school year start date.
c) scheduled breaks.
d) exam schedules.
e) stakeholder needs/desires.
2. Provide recommendations on specific work-free weekends and/or scheduled breaks because we value our students and staff and want them to focus on well-being and family.
3. Recommend adjustments regarding co-curricular time requirements for staff and students.
4. Analyze the Thursday early release model for changes/modifications. Calendar Committee Composition:
The following roles must be formally represented on this committee so as to ensure broad stakeholder involvement and representations:
Assistant Superintendent Dana Monogue
Head Coach HS (2)
Elmbrook Parent Leadership Council
PTO/Booster Club Presidents
BEHS Associate Principal/AD
BCHS Associate Principal/AD
Personnel Committee Representative
Director of HR
Director of Student Services
Medical Community Representative
Transportation Company Representative
HS Student Representatives
Before/After School Provider
Superintendent - Ex Officio
Board President - Ex Officio
The Calendar Committee will be co-chaired by the Assistant Superintendent and Elmbrook Parent Leadership Council representative and work from a timeline that includes:
- September - Ground committee in research and benchmark practices; Develop and deploy survey
- October - Analyze survey results, develop ideas, prioritize requirements
- November - Develop possible solutions and solicit feedback
- December - Narrow solutions to recommendation
- January - make recommendation to personnel