The festival allowed the Elmbrook community to visit cultures from around the world without leaving Brookfield.
Additional Helpful Resources:
- Wisconsin Department of Justice: http://www.doj.state.wi.us/
- The Fly Effect: http://www.theflyeffect.com/
- Waukesha Country District Attorney: http://www.waukeshacounty.gov/defaultwc.aspx?id=37463
- Waukesha County Drug Free Communities: http://www.waukeshacounty.gov/defaultwc.aspx?id=36596
- Waukesha County Sheriff Metropolitan Drug Enforcement Unit: http://www.waukeshacounty.gov/defaultwc.aspx?id=38225
- Brookfield PD: http://www.ci.brookfield.wi.us/index.aspx?nid=17
- Elm Grove PD: http://www.elmgrovewi.org/index.aspx?NID=180
- Addiction Resource Council: http://www.addictionresourcecouncilwaukeshawi.org/
- Your Choice: http://www.yourchoice-live.org/.
- Family Service of Waukesha: http://www.fswaukesha.org/
- Rosecrance: http://www.rosecrance.org/
- Red Oak Counseling: http://www.redoakcounseling.com/
Elmbrook Parent Network thanks the panelists who so graciously presented to a large group of parents as part of "Public and Permanent: Your Digital Tattoo": Lynda Laugavitz from the District; Darcie Fellmuth, Cheryl Schenk & Mark Peperkorn, associate principals at Brookfield East and Pilgrim Park; Michelle McKenna, guidance counselor at Brookfield East; and Detective Brad Warhanek from the Brookfield Police Department.
"Public and Permanent: Your Digital Tattoo" Tuesday, March 3, Brookfield Central High School
Elmbrook Parent Network is excited to offer parents an eye-opening panel presentation.
SAVE THE DATE! Tuesday, March 3, Brookfield Central High School Cafeteria
In response to many requests, Elmbrook Parent Network is excited to bring parents a 3-part Social Media presentation:
What do parents need to know about current social media platforms?
What are our students really doing with social media?
What consequences may students face in future college, workplace and/or legal situations?
Feel free to attend the entire session (6:30-9 pm) or come & go for the parts that interest you most.
Stay tuned for more details!
Two identical programs will be presented at Brookfield East H.S.
Tuesday, November 11, 2014 from 7-9pm - Cafeteria
Wednesday, November 12, 214 from 9:30-11:30am - Black Box Theater
Shaunti Feldhahn, author of “For Parents Only: Getting Inside the Head of Your Kid”, takes you into the mind of teens and preteens to tackle the things that parents often don't “get” about their kids. You’ll hear about the longings that drive your kids seemingly illogical decisions, the truth behind those exasperating “attitude problems,” and what your children would tell you if they could trust you to truly listen.