Why Academic and Career Planning?
Research suggests that meaningful student participation in a quality, on-going academic and career planning process can lead to the following:
- Access to instruction and experiences needed to develop critical work/life skills, knowledge, and habits
- Active student participation to determine how to meet his/her needs
- Understanding skills, knowledge, and habits necessary to achieve his/her vision
- More relevant course selection - enhancing each student’s understanding of the relevance of school courses and out-of-school learning opportunities
- Increased engagement and motivation leading to better academic performance in school
- Better understanding of post-secondary options - - providing the student with access to career development opportunities that incorporate self-exploration, career exploration, and career planning and management activities (ACP Process Phases: Know-Explore-Plan- Go)
What is the ACP Process?
What will students use to engage in the ACP process?
Naviance/Family Connection - The tool that our students use to help connect academic achievement to post-secondary goals, and improve college and career planning
What is Naviance Family/Connection?
Additional Naviance Resources:
Interest & Career Planning - Determine careers of interest and what values and strengths you have.
Success Planning - Define your goals and set up tasks for completion
Summer Opportunities: Colleges Tab ----- Select College Research ----- Select Enrichment Programs
Pilgrim Park Middle School (PPMS) and Wisconsin Hills Middle School (WHMS) Links/Resources:
Brookfield Central High School (BCHS) and Brookfield East High School (BEHS) Links/Resources:
10th Grade ACP Conference
Other ACP Links/Resources: