How much is tuition for preschool?
Any child who is 4 years old, on or before September 1, 2017 can apply for 2017-18 Preschool. There is no early entrance process for preschool.
- The preschool teachers are Wisconsin-certified elementary teachers with an early childhood emphasis. Each preschool classroom will also be staffed with a qualified assistant. Adult to student ratio is 1:10.
- 2017-18 Preschool will be located within Burleigh Elementary School, 16185 Burleigh Place, Brookfield 53005
- The Preschool Program runs Monday-Friday. The morning session runs 8:30-11:15 a.m. and the afternoon session runs 12:30-3:15 p.m.
- Families can select a preference of the morning or afternoon session when applying, but preference is not guaranteed, as each session has limited capacity. Families will be notified of placement in the program, as well as AM or PM session placement, on Friday, February 17, 2017.
- Non-residents may complete the enrollment process; however enrollment priority is given to district residents.
- Families must provide transportation to and from preschool.
- Preschool will follow the Elmbrook Schools Calendar with a few exceptions. A calendar will be provided to families in Spring 2017.
Preschool Tuition is $3,700 per school year. The $250 non-refundable deposit will be applied towards your first tuition payment. Tuition is billed in four installments. For more information about preschool tuition please call Christy Schmid (262)781-3030 x1109 or Christy Westfall x1183.
The tuition payment schedule is as follows:
$250 non-refundable deposit due at time of enrollment
$675 first quarter tuition payment - August 1, 2017
$925 second quarter tuition payment - November 1, 2017
$925 third quarter tuition payment - January 3, 2018
$925 fourth quarter tuition payment - March 1, 2018
Is childcare available for before or after preschool?
Wraparound care is provided outside of preschool hours and delivered by a childcare provider, not the school district. Mary Linsmeier Schools - Children's Edu-Care will be providing wraparound care. All fees and paperwork associated with childcare are completed with Mary Linsmeier Schools and not handled by the school district. Mary Linsmeier will also be providing childcare for students on non-school days. Registration and fees required.How is preschool different from 4K?
The Elmbrook Schools' Preschool program is not taxpayer funded. It is tuition based. The preschool program does prepare students for a 5K experience.What will be the focus of the preschool curriculum?
- uses the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards
- primary focus on language and literacy development (letter knowledge, phonological awareness, emergent reading)
- exposure to math and science concepts through an inquiry process
- cultivating social and emotional development through peer interactions
- development of executive function skills (cognitive skills such as impulse control, multitasking, following multistep directions, remaining focused/avoiding distractions, problem solving, and self-regulation)
Burleigh Elementary School will host the 2017-18 Preschool Program, which is also where our Early Childhood Program is held.
Burleigh Elementary School
16185 Burleigh Place
Brookfield, WI 53005
Please visit the Enrollment Webpage
to apply for Preschool for the 2017-18 School Year.
This application form does not guarantee placement in preschool. Between January 4 - February 16, 2017, you are required to provide residency verification documents, an original birth certificate, and a $250 non-refundable deposit after completion of this application. Non-resident enrollment will only be considered for preschool if resident enrollment does not meet capacity. Residency is required to enroll in 5K through 12th grade in Elmbrook.
For questions about the preschool application or the preschool enrollment process please call
Christy Schmid 262-781-3030 x1109 or Christy Westfall 262-781-3030 x1183.
After a thorough selection process, Mary Linsemier – Childrens EduCare was selected to provide wrap around care for the Elmbrook Schools' Preschool program. Registration for wrap around care is done directly with Mary Linsmeier. Mary Linsmeier's contact info: www.marylinsmeierschools.org
Below you will find a few documents to provide further information regarding care before or after your child's preschool session.Wrap-Around Care Enrollment Form.pdfWrap-Around Care Daily Schedule.pdfWrap Around Care Food Program.pdfWrap Around Fee Schedule.pdf
Please click the pdf below to view the Elmbrook Schools' Preschool Supply List:Preschool Supply List 2016-17.pdf