Tonawanda Elementary School values strong partnerships with parents. A variety of tools are utilized to communicate regularly with parents:
- Appointments, Phone and E-Mail: Direct personal contact is preferred; please see Tonawanda's Staff Directory under "Contact Us" for contact information.
- Regular Parent/teacher Conferences: Discussions about student progress
- MyElmbrook - Parent Edition: A personalized website portal offering a consolidated view of school and district news; daily announcements, calendar and course information; important forms and documents; alerts for unexcused absences, overdue library books and low food service accounts; and links to key parent resources.
- School Newsletter: Highlights student and staff accomplishments, reports progress on school improvement plans, forecasts upcoming events, and promotes special opportunities. Download a recent issue: Tonawanda Tales January 2011
- Parentlink: Automated phone and e-mail messaging used for important announcements, alerts, and emergency messages.