Three positions will be open for school board members to be elected on April 7, 2020, one in Election Area I (roughly the District’s northeast quadrant), one in Election Area III (roughly the District’s southwest quadrant), and one At-Large seat. Winners of these seats will serve three-year terms from April 27, 2020, through April 23, 2023.
For those that are eligible and interested, please consider attending one of the Board Candidate Informational Meetings:
Tuesday, December 10, 2019 from 4:45-5:45pm in Rm 133 of the District Office, 13780 Hope St., Brookfield
Wednesday, December 18, 2019 from noon-1:00pm in Rm, 130 of the District Office, 13780 Hope St., Brookfield
For questions, please contact Christy Westfall at email@example.com.
Legal Notice of School Board Elections can be viewed here.
Forms and manuals prescribed by the Wisconsin Ethics Commission for the making of reports and statements under the campaign finance laws and are available on the following websites:
Packets of these manuals and forms will be available Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at the District Office located at 13780 Hope Street in Brookfield; please note the filing office will be closed November 27-29 and December 20, 2019-January 1, 2020. Those wishing to declare candidacy for school board member may pick up a packet, including additional pertinent documents starting at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, November 15, 2019. The packet contains the following:
- Memo to Potential Candidates for School Board
- School Board Candidate FAQ
- 2019-2020 Board Committee and Liaison Assignments
- 2019-2020 Meetings Schedule
- 2020 Ballot Access Checklist (ELIS-5)
- Campaign Registration Statement (CF-1)
- Declaration of Candidacy (EL-162SD)
- 10 Nomination Papers (EL-169)
- Campaign Finance Checklist (ETIS-8)
- Campaign Finance Overview (July 2019)
- Campaign Finance Report (ETHCF-2L) can be found at https://ethics.wi.gov/Pages/CampaignFinance/Forms.aspx
- 2020 Guide for Candidates from Wisconsin Association of School Boards (WASB)
- Map of School District of Elmbrook Apportionment of Board Members by Area
- 2019-2020 District Strategy
- Elmbrook Schools June 2019 Link publication
Additional Information can be found on our Board of Education website
Board Agenda Packets and Policies can be found here. We recommend review of the following policies 8510, 9110, 9115, 9120, 9130, and 9301
Nomination papers require no less than 100, nor more than 200 signatures of School District electors.
Forms must be filed with a District Deputy Clerk located at the District Office, 13780 Hope Street in Brookfield, Wisconsin, Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Please note the filing office will be closed November 27-29, 2019 and December 20, 2019 through January 1, 2020. The appointed School District Deputy Clerks are Kristin Sobocinski and Christy Westfall, who may be reached at (262)783-2969.
For instructions on obtaining a ballot and voting absentee, please click on the Municipal Clerks' offices listed below: