Attention All Students:
If you are interested in adjusting your schedule for next term, you must do so PRIOR to the start of term 3. Counselors will NOT change schedules afte
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR JUNIORS
On Tuesday, March 3rd 2020, all JUNIORS will be taking the ACT Plus Writing during the school day at Brookfield East High School. Students do NOT need to register or pay for this ACT, however they will for any future, national test dates. The scores from this test administration are admissible to colleges. Students will have the opportunity to send the score from this test to up to four colleges for free. If results are sent at a later time, ACT charges $13 per school they release the scores to.
Students should take some time to prepare for the March 3rd ACT using the free resources linked below. Contact Mrs. McKenna if you have questions.
See below for more information
Incoming high school Juniors & Seniors interested in a Youth Apprenticeship in HVAC, Mechanical, Plumbing & Sprinkler fitting should complete this application. Once registered, students will (1) be available for interviews on March 31, 2020, between 9:00-2:00 pm and (2) bring along printed copies of their resumes.
Students interested in a YA opportunity in HVAC and plumbing for the 2020-21 school year (current Sophomores and Juniors) MUST apply here.
Youth apprenticeship allows students to earn high school credit while being employed in a particular trade.
Only students who have completed the application will be eligible for interviews, with no exceptions.
The deadline to apply is March 16, 2020.
Requirements for YA Students
- current sophomores and/or juniors on track to graduate and are (or will be) enrolled in a tech-ed related course
- selected students MUST participate in a paid 40 hour, 2 weeks pre-employment training which will include OSHA 10, First Aid, CPR, time with three different trades becoming familiar with tools and equipment. Training will take place mid-June with exact dates TBD
- students will work a minimum of 450 hours throughout the summer AND the school year with specific hours to be worked out between the student, school, and employer.
- students must have access to reliable transportation to get them to and from school and the job
- we are a drug-free workforce, applicants may be drug tested
- SERIOUS CANDIDATES ONLY
If you have any questions about the application and interview process, please feel free to contact Dajen (Diane) at 414/543-7622 ext 255 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about Youth Apprenticeship please contact your school counselor.