Kick Off Assembly: Friday May 11
JDRF Walk: Friday May 25
If you like, here are a few things you can do to help support the JDRF walk efforts at school this year:
- Help your child decide if they want to be on stage as a part of the kick off assembly May 11th. JDRF staff will be on hand to emcee and introduce this event to the student body. It would be great if we can put some faces to this disease to help raise awareness, raise funds and find a cure!
- Bring in any diabetes related children's book to the office to be borrowed and read by teachers to their class over the next few weeks to help familiarize students and staff regarding type 1 diabetes. Please label your books with your student's name so that they can be returned to them.
- Help your type 1 child prepare a statement to be read during a 'Bobcat Blast' school announcement starting next week. This could be a short statement on what it means to them to be living with type 1 diabetes or anything they'd like to share with their fellow students to help raise awareness.
- Email a photo of your type 1 child to be used on a poster to help put a face to this disease within our school. The posters could each answer a different question, such as:
- What is type 1 diabetes?
- Who can get type 1 diabetes?
- How many times have you had to poke your finger?
- What are the first symptoms that you have type 1 diabetes?
- How can I make sure I don't get type 1 diabetes? (Help JDRF find a cure!)
- What things help you manage your type 1 diabetes?
- Did you know your blood has numbers?
- What is carb counting?
- How many people have type 1 diabetes?
- Share more ideas as to what we can do to help make this event a great one!
- We need your help implementing these and any other ideas you may have!
Thanks in advance for your ideas/assistance!