A conference for parents to learn and share about important teen topics from community professionals.
The speakers were incredibly knowledgeable and topics were relevant for any parent raising a teen today!
- 2018 Attendee
February 16, 2019 at Brookfield East High School (8am - 1:15pm)
Individuals who are raising teens know that this time of development for young people comes with challenges and celebrations. Parents and guardians are working to support young adults through life socially, academically, spiritually and emotionally. The goal of this event is to help caretakers LEARN, SHARE, and CONNECT with one another for support through the challenges of raising teens. We hope to help parents access community resources and apply information that is meaningful to their own experiences. Additionally, we hope to create a connection between parents who share paths and can support one another.
Organizations giving presentations include:
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
- Your Choice to Live, Inc.
- The Women's Center
- Cornerstone Counseling
- Brookfield Fire Department
- Elmbrook Schools
Keynote and Breakout Sessions
A keynote speaker will kick off the event. Following the keynote, the crowd will break out into sessions. There will be multiple workshops offered during three sessions that will run throughout the day. Individuals can select topics that are most meaningful to them. All parents and guardians are welcome. The messages will be targeted for parents and guardians of teens. Children should not attend.
A strong panel of speakers is scheduled to present on a wide range of topics to help and inform parents of teens. Speakers and topics include:
- Your Choice to Live: Vaping - A Teen Epidemic
- Dr. Matthew Jandrisevits (CHW): Navigating the Mental Healthcare System: From Good Fit to Good Outcomes
- Dr. Louella Amos (MCW & CHW): Reaching Dreams - Optimizing Sleep in Teens
- Jen Beug & Robyn Rubenstein: Mindfulness & Teens
- Leeana Liska (The Women's Center): Warning Signs of Teen Dating Violence
- Phyllis Lardinois (Cornerstone Counseling): Navigating Therapy
- Beth Paras (North Shore Center): Teen Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Mary Madden (NAMI): Recognizing and Responding to Mental Health Challenges in Your Family
- Joanie Rueth & Suzanne Riesen (SDE): Tech Resources for Parents
- BEHS/BCHS Students: Straight from the Source
- And more!