Documents and Resources
Special Events & Educational Opportunities
- WCATY Blog - Wisconsin Center for Academically Talented Youth publishes useful articles for parents and students
- Resources for GT Students - High School (0KB)Document complied by Peggy Riemer - GT/Talent Development Resources for High School students
- Resources for GT Students K-8 (0KB)Document compiled by Dr. Rae McClain - Resources GT/Talent Development
- Maker Faire Milwaukee Sept 24-25th (0KB)Called the Greatest Show (and Tell) on Earth, Maker Faires are part science fair and part county fair. Showcasing invention, creativity and resourcefulness, makers — tech enthusiasts, crafters, artists, educators, tinkerers, students and others — exhibit their work and share their knowledge and skills.
- Milwaukee Film Festival 9/22-10/6 (0KB)The 15-day festival includes feature films, shorts programs, education screenings, post-film conversations, and panel discussions.
- http://www.marquette.edu/engineering/k12-outreach/academies.php (0KB)Are you looking for interesting and challenging engineering focused programs for your GT child? Look into the Engineering Academies in the Opus College of Engineering at Marquette University.
- Wisconsin Scholastic Chess Federation (0KB)The WSCF brings chess to kids in Greater Milwaukee and Wisconsin. Their site offers News, Information, and Tournament schedules.
Online Gifted Education Graduate Certificate at ASU Prepares teachers, school administrators, school psychologists, behavior analysts and family members to work effectively with gifted children.
- Notes from the March 2018 GTPAO Meeting
- Notes from the February 2018 GTPAO Meeting
- Notes from the January 2018 GTPAO Meeting
- Notes from the November 2017 GTPAO Meeting
- Notes from the October 2017 GTPAO Meeting
- Notes from the September 2017 GTPAO Meeting
- Notes from the April 2017 GTPAO Meeting
- Notes from the January 2016 GTPAO Meeting (228.1KB)
- Notes from the September 2015 GTPAO Meeting (16.9KB)
- Notes from the April 2015 GTPAB Meeting (85.8KB)
- Notes from the March 2015 GTPAB meeting (85.8KB)
- Notes from the February 2015 GTPAB meeting (47.9KB)
- Notes from the January 2015 GTPAB meeting (63.4KB)
- Notes from the October 2014 GTPAB meeting (41.7KB)
- Notes from the September 2014 GTPAB meeting. (50.6KB)
Additional Resources for Parents
- Gifted Challenges Blog (0KB)Perspectives about giftedness from a Clinical Psychologist, advocate, consultant, and parent.
- Scholastic Book Finder (0KB)A Scholastic site that allows you to search for books by reading level and grade level.
- Common Sense Media (0KB)Are you looking for appropriate books for your GT child? We recommend going to www.commonsensemedia.org
- College Fit for GT Students (0KB)When Seeking a Great College Fit, Gifted Students Have Additional Considerations
- PAGE Recommended Books (0KB)Titles recommended by parents and educators for gifted and advanced learners.
- College Bound Reading List (0KB)A college bound reading list from the Arrowhead Library System
More General Information
YOP Presentation - Link to "Youth Options, & Course Options" Presentation by Peggy Riemer
- GT Identification Procedures - Elmbrook School District (0KB)Elementary and Secondary Curriculum Gifted and Talented Identification and Procedures - Practice Statement for the Elmbrook School District
- Response to Intervention (RTI) Models for Gifted Children (0KB)This article, from Gifted Child Today (a journal which offers timely information about teaching and parenting gifted and talented children) is cited in the District's Gifted/Advanced Learner Guide.
- Acronyms (30.8KB)
GT Programming Evaluation Review
This is a collection of documents associated with the review of the Elmbrook District Gifted and Talented Program by Dr. Scott Peters.
- Dr. Scott Peters' Report (Nov 2013) (267.9KB)
- Slides from Peters' presentation on November 21, 2013. (492.1KB)
- Evaluation Plan for district programming (264.3KB)
- Office of Civil Rights Checklist for Gifted program assessment (1.5MB)
- Laws and regulations related to GT programming (16.2KB)
- Analysis of District MAP testing data (102.8KB)
- Study connecting WKCE scores to RIT scale. (285.8KB)