The Communications Department provides leadership in communications and engagement in support of our District’s Mission and Vision. Our team actively promotes a positive perception of the Elmbrook Schools, and offers expert and creative solutions to engage students, staff, families and our community on timely and relevant topics.
Meet our Communications Team and read about some of our primary responsibilities.
Chief Strategy Officer
Chris Thompson is Elmbrook’s Chief Strategy Officer and oversees the Communications, Technology, and Library Services teams. Chris’ primary role on the Communications Team is:
- Stakeholder Engagement: Manages strategies to engage all District stakeholders through events, communication, software, and more.
Erin is an Elmbrook Schools alum as she attended Dixon Elementary, Elmbrook Middle School, and graduated from Brookfield East High School. She has been with the district since 2007 as a coach and is currently the Head Coach for the BEHS Girls Track & Field and co-op BEHS/BCHS Gymnastics teams. As a Communications Specialist, Erin is responsible for:
- District Branding: Promotes the District’s ‘become what’s next’ brand and ensures Elmbrook Schools maintains brand standards in all marketing and resource materials.
- Print Design: Designs District’s print and digital materials, develops strategies for collateral and mailings to inform all Elmbrook residents in our community of the amazing School District they help support. Provides resources and guidelines for district-wide needs.
- Student and Family Recruiting: Helps incoming students and families navigate their journey to Elmbrook by distribution of tour requests, and serving as a liaison for the District through various family onboarding materials.
- Social Media: Manages the District’s various social media outlets, focused on celebrating the many accomplishments of students and staff, and promoting a positive perception of the Elmbrook Schools.
- Website: Updates and maintains the District and school websites and various connected modules, assists with online ADA Accessibility.
Eric Hagen is a proud UWEC alum and has been with the Communications Department since 2016. Outside of work, he enjoys spending time with his family and friends, cheering on the Bucks, delving into all things pop culture, listening to a wide range of music, and creating art in various mediums. As a Communications Specialist, Eric is responsible for:
- Content Development: Develops multimedia content for District website and social media that recognizes the work of staff and students and appears in District News and Announcements, such as the Alumni Spotlight series.
- Video Production and Support: Develops video content such as the Superintendent Video Updates and staff video communication to inform and engage stakeholders, supports District YouTube usage, Board Meeting production, and marketing videos.
- Family & Staff Communications: Manages District newsletters and curates messages to inform and connect with staff, students, and families,
- Parent Group & Alumni Support: Supports the needs of various District Parent Groups, community group pages on the District website, manages the Elmbrook Alumni Network, and aides in the coordination of alumni postings.
- Media Management: Develops media relations, issues press releases, and supports requests for access to information and answers to important topics.