From All of Us to All of You --- ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!!!
Also, help us in wishing the following staff members good luck as they will move on to a different Elmbrook School:
The following staff will be leaving Elmbrook Schools. Good luck in your new venture!
We'd like to give a warm welcome the following new staff coming to us from across town, across state and across the nation! We're very excited to welcome:
Banting -- Special Ed. Teacher
Justin Gofford -- Associate Principal
Elise Hetzel -- 5th grade teacher
Brian Klappenbach -- 1st grade teacher
Maya Kuliga -- P.T. ELL Teacher
Taylor Mantz -- 4th grade teacher
Rae McClain -- School Psychologist
Caitlin McLoone -- Special Ed. Teacher
Amanda Persike -- 4th grade teacher
Emily Pratt -- TLS/Reading
Laura Schubert -- Kindergarten teacher
Betsy Vander Heiden -- ELL Teacher
The staff prevailed in beating the fifth graders 25-15 in the annual kickball game!
What's missing from Dixon's lunch line? STRAWS! We throw away over 81,000 straws (or 142 boxes) each year. We're skipping the straws from now on!
Our school, Dixon Elementary, is a public school located in Brookfield that educates around 600 students, K5 through fifth grade.
Dixon will be holding its Second Annual Dixon Color Dash on October 19th, 2018. This event supports our Parent-Teacher Organization which in turn funds many educational and social opportunities for our Dixon students. The PTO supports key programs that make Dixon not only tops in the district but across the state. These include:
- Playground Equipment: with additional students, playground needs to be expanded
- High Interest Day: to help all students expand their cultural, athletic, and career horizon.
- Teacher Grants: to fill the difference between district funding and teachers' individual wish lists.
- Arts & Music
- Plus program support for bus safety, building school community, and so much more.
These programs are at the heart of what makes our school a community, not just a building. Many of our staff and families support your business and we are asking that your organization please consider supporting our school by sponsoring our main fundraising event; the Dixon Color Dash. With $500 donation you would receive:
- Ad and link on our Event Website, viewed every time someone registers online for our Color-A-Thon Event
- Ad and link all our students' personal donation web pages which their friends and family will visit to donate to them
- Your logo with link on the PTO online newsletter which reach more than 700 emails each month
Your donation will be tax-deductible because Dixon is a 501(c)(3) organization, for more sponsorship opportunities refer to Sponsorship Opportunities Outline document .
We had a beautiful day for our Dixon Cancer Walk 2018. So far, we've raised $3,466. You still have time to send in your pledges. Mrs. Jacobson will deliver any other pledges when she does the Relay for Life in Racine.
Thank you for donating to find a cure for cancer.
Dixon third graders experienced the cultures from seven different countries.
Significantly Exceeds Rating Score
on WI Report Card
of 4th & 5th Grade Students in
Band or Orchestra
Raised through the Empty Bowls Project
Benefiting the Milwaukee Rescue Mission
Clubs and Activities Offered