Daily Living Skills
Daily Living Skills (DLS) are an important part of the FVS program. Examples of DLS's include:
- Grooming - Completing (or cooperating with) daily grooming skills such as brushing hair, brushing teeth, washing face and hands, applying deodorant, choosing appropriate clothes for work, school and social events, etc.
- Meal planning and preparation - helping to plan a meal for either yourself or a group, shopping for the necessary food items, and then preparing the meal
- Laundry - learning to sort, pre-treat, wash, dry, fold, and store laundry
- Self-Care Skills - learning to us bathroom facilities with more independence, and eating skills instruction with the use of modified utensils and dishes.
- Cleaning - washing dishes, tables, desks, boards, floors, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, etc.