On Monday, May 1, Elmbrook Schools held the 8th Annual Engaged in Excellence Awards Red Carpet Gala at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts, sponsored by the Elmbrook Education Foundation. The event celebrated numerous individual and team finalists, alumni, 2022-23 retirees, and community partner honorees. A recording of the event is available to view here.
The evening was a mix of sincerity, comedy, and appreciation, and included an emotional tribute to Elmbrook retirees, a state-of-the-art selfie booth, and more!
Congratulations to the winners of the 2023 Engaged in Excellence Awards!
- Excellence in Teaching - Elementary: Kathryn Banting (Special Education, Dixon)
- Excellence in Teaching - Middle School: Trish St. George (Math, WHMS)
- Excellence in Teaching - High School: Brittany Suchla (Special Education, BCHS/BEHS)
- Excellence in Teaching - New Educator: Hannah Merlo (Early Childhood, Burleigh)
- Excellence in Transportation: Diane Koenig (Dixon)
- Excellence in Student Services: Andrea Jungers (Psychologist, Brookfield Elementary)
- Excellence in Service & Support: Frances Bridger (Office Manager, BEHS)
- Excellence in Teamwork: Literacy Alignment Team (Mekenna Ellis, Lisa Rettler, Emily Grieber; District Office)
- Excellence in Leadership: Christie Johnson (Associate Principal, Swanson)
- Excellence in Teaching Support: Jenna Ziemke (Special Education Teaching Assistant, Tonawanda)
- Excellence in Coaching or Advising: Dan Pronley (Drama, BCHS)
- Excellence in Substitute Teaching: Marty Emery (Fairview South)
- Excellence in Volunteering: Chuck Mazza (PPMS)
- Alumni Excellence Award: Zach Heckman (BCHS, Class of 2018) & Caroline Westrick (BEHS, Class of 2018)
- Excellence in a Community Partnership: The Corners of Brookfield, Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin
View photos of the winners and from the event below.