The FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) State Championship was held on March 11 at the Kress Center in Green Bay. All 5 teams from Elmbrook qualified for the competition and performed well in a tough-fought competition. Two GEarheads students, Sid Rane and Avaneesh Muralidharan, were chosen as Dean’s List finalists to represent Wisconsin at the World Championships in Houston, Texas this April. Other results from the state championship include:
- Team Hazmat 13201 won the 2nd Place Inspire Award, Finalist Alliance 1st Pick, and the Think Award.
- GEarheads 16460 won 3rd Place for the Inspire Award, Semifinalist 1st Pick 1st place Innovate Award and 3rd place Control award.
- Rising Rhinobots 16310 was Winning Alliance Second Pick and won Control Award
- Error418 21180 was Finalist Alliance Captain after finishing 3rd in the qualification rounds, and won 2nd Place for the Control Award
- Superstellar 19417 won 2nd Place for the Connect Award and finished 7th in the qualification rounds
Descriptions of the different FTC awards can be found here. This season saw more than 80 students from both high schools and middle schools competing in the FTC. Congratulations to all the winners and all the best to Sid and Avaneesh as they advance to the World Championships!