Wisconsin Gifted Education Groups
Wisconsin Association for Talented and Gifted (WATG)
- For parents, educators, students, and business/industry representatives
- Pres: Deb Kucek, email@example.com
Wisconsin Center for Academically Talented Youth (WCATY) (at UW-Madison)
- Summer and online programs/courses for gifted students (middle/high school)
- Rebecca Vonesh or Ola Skyba at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wisconsin Center for Gifted Learners (WCGL)
- For gifted learners (children/students, teachers, parents of gifted children). Assist gifted learners academically and with social and emotional needs.
- Website: www.thewcgl.org E-mail: email@example.com
Address: 2315 W Good Hope Road, Milwaukee, WI 53209-2735
- Rebecca Berger and Laura Weisman, Directors.
Wisconsin TAG Homeschooling Forum (a Yahoo! group)
- Email Support group for Wisconsin parents homeschooling talented &gifted children, or considering the option. (Parents from neighboring states welcome.)
- Join online at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wi-TAGhomeschooling/
- Julie Knapp, Moderator
UW-Stevens Point http://www.uwsp.edu/cps/conted/Pages/GiftedTalented/default.aspx
CESA 1 Talented and Gifted Coordinator’s Network (headquarters Pewaukee)
- Members are gifted and talented coordinators from CESA 1 districts
- 3 meetings per year, plus additional meetings on topics of interest (e.g., RtI)
- Contact person: Kimberly Jennings, firstname.lastname@example.org
CESA 1 PAGE (Parent Advocates for Gifted Education) (CESA 1 – Southeastern WI)
- One educator and one parent from each participating school district in southeastern WI’s CESA 1 join forces to plan education/programming/ workshops for area parents and educators of gifted children
CESA 3 Gifted Talented Consortium
- Members are CESA 3 schools; group provides GT Coordinators meeting and several annual GT student events.
- 3 meetings per year and access to four student events
- Contact Meredith Biba, email@example.com, 608-822-2160
Mississippi Valley Gifted and Talented Network - mostly CESA 4 area but some members from CESAs 3 and 10 - western Wisconsin; North and South groups sometimes meet together at CESA 4 in West Salem
- Area district TAG coordinators - puts on events for students and educators. Transitioning into a Professional Learning Community
- MVGTN North president Dana Eide, Blair-Taylor School District, firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-989-2525
- MVGTN South president Rocky Shutter, Tomah School District, email@example.com, 608-374-7879
CESA 5 Gifted and Talented Network (headquarters Portage)
- Local Standard T Coordinators from all CESA 5 districts
- Julee Dredske, firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-745-5476
Central Wisconsin Talented and Gifted (CWTAG) - CESA 5 area
- Members are gifted and talented coordinators in the CESA 5 area. We hold 3 meetings per year, but coordinate many events per year.
- For a website we have a wikispace: http://gifted-talented.pbworks.com/w/page/8691847/CESA%205%20Gifted%20and%20Talented
- Mary Kennedy, email@example.com, 608-635-4347 x 173.
CESA 6 GT Network (headquarters Oshkosh)
- For CESA 6 area districts/coordinators (member and non-member districts); 4 meetings per year (2 half-day, 2 full-day w/ workshop)
- Mary Ann Hudziak firstname.lastname@example.org
The Gifted & Talented Consortium of CESA 7 (headquarters Green Bay)
- For G/T Coordinators/Teachers - The G/T Consortium of Northeast Wisconsin strives to maintain and promote gifted education in the schools and communities of northeastern Wisconsin.
- http://gtconsortiumcesa7.pbworks.com (for members only)
- Pres. Joe Feldhausen, West De Pere School District email@example.com (920) 337-1393 ext. 8035
CESA 9 Talented and Gifted Coordinator's Network (headquarters Tomahawk)
- Members are gifted and talented coordinators from CESA 9 districts
- Goal: 3 meetings per year, plus additional opportunities for students (Math 24, Mind Magic, etc.)
- Contact person: Cathy Schmit- firstname.lastname@example.org
CESA 10 Gifted and Talented Coordinators (headquarters Chippewa Falls)
- Contact person: Carol Zabel, email@example.com
CESA 11 Gifted & Talented Coordinator Network (headquarters Turtle Lake)
- Five meetings scheduled 2014-15
- Contact person: Denise Michaelsen, firstname.lastname@example.org, (715) 986-2020 ext. 2175
Greater Dane County Talented and Gifted Network (GDCTGN) (Madison area)
- Gifted Program Coordinators and Resource teachers throughout the Greater Dane county area
- Amy Miller, president ALM@oregonsd.net
Parents & Advocates of Gifted Learners hosted by Scholaris Gifted Academy (Milwaukee, North Shore & SE Wisconsin area)
- For parents & advocates of gifted learners; informational sessions and study groups meet monthly
- Coordinators Kathleen Powell and Debbie Zimmerman, email@example.com
Whitewater TAG Network (WTN) (Whitewater & SE Wisconsin area; usually meets in Elkhorn)
- Area district TAG coordinators
- Pres. Susan Henn, firstname.lastname@example.org
LOCAL GROUPS (alphabetized by city name)
Baraboo gifted ed support group (informal)
- Provide support to parents, students, and educators in the Baraboo area. Also have a SENG group once in a while.
- Contact Karen Ailsworth: email@example.com, 608-356-7139.
- Note: UW-Baraboo has one-week sessions for grades 1-8
Crandon - parent group in progress
Franklin Parent Advocates for Gifted Education (PAGE)?
- Parents of children who have been identified by the school district as gifted and/or talented and parents of children who sense that their child is academically gifted/ talented in one or more areas.
- Franklin GT Coordinator: see each building’s school psychologist
- President: Wina M. Zorro, PAGE Chairperson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hortonville Area School District's Gifted and Talented Advisory Council
- Teachers, parents, administrators and specialists meet every other month to discuss GATE-related topics
- For more information, please feel free to contact Mary Claypool (email@example.com) or Lisa Borowski
Janesville Talented and Gifted Association of Families and Teachers (JTAG)
- Open to anyone interested in gifted education and to:
- support students, parents, and staff who participate in talented and gifted programming within and outside of school,
-promote the cause of talented and gifted programming,
-advocate for the existing JTAG programs and expand the opportunities for the students in our district.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/JTAG-Janesville-Talented-And-Gifted-Association-of-Families-and-Teachers/342939979528
- Co-presidents: Christina Jensen 608/580-0310; Leslie Wente 608/563-1431
- Provide support and networking to MMSD parents and the larger community regarding issues affecting advanced learners.
- This is a new group in 2013-14 school year with an evolving set of goals, outreach and advocacy opportunities
- Contact: Christina Gomez-Schmidt, Organizer email@example.com
Madison – Hamilton (MS) Area Parents for Advanced Curricula
- For parents of TAG and advanced students in the Hamilton Middle School area of MMSD; parents provide support and information for each other, and advocate with the school and district for “standard t” and a variety of advanced curricular options and best practices
- Contact Bonnie Berger - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parents meet monthly to support each other and learn how to best support and advocate for their GT students
- Contact: Jessica Karls, email@example.com
School District of the Menomonie Area GT Parent Advisory Council
- Parents and teachers of gifted students in the Menomonie School District
Mukwonago GT Parent Group
- Meets 2-3 times/year
- Coordinated by the elem. GT resource teachers (Melissa Barton, Jennifer Kimminau)
- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Oconomowoc - Game Night
- For gifted children age 8 and older and their parents: while students play educational games or participate in guided activities, the parents attend a presentation and discussion time. Monthly meetings at Books and Company in Oconomowoc, 6:30-8:30pm.
- Jennifer McCarthy and Janet Foust, 262-569-9443
Roots and Wings (Plymouth School District)
- Support group for parents of students in the Plymouth School District's PEGASUS gifted and talented program
- Parent workshops are held three times a year with follow up meetings the same week (dates can be found on the resources listed below).
- Resources can be found at http://plymouthpegasus.pbworks.comhttp://riverviewpegasus.pbworks.com
- Kelly Haefs, president: firstname.lastname@example.org
Waukesha Parent Advisory Board
- Membership is open to any district parent or staff member
- Purpose: advocate for gifted and talented students, promote the cause of gifted and talented programing, support students and staff who participate in the gifted and talented programming, monitor program effectiveness, support parents in education of gifted and talented students.
- Gifted and Talented Coordination Team (Ben Hunsanger, Rose Palmer, Emily Reddy) 262-970-1146