The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards program is the nation's longest-running, largest, most prestigious recognition program for creative teens.
The Scholastic Art Awards program acknowledges excellence in the visual arts and encourages the artistic endeavors of young people throughout the United States. The Silver Key Award denotes statewide recognition. Artworks with a Gold Key later compete for Silver and Gold Medals at the national level, in New York.
Congratulations to the BEHS artists whose work has been recognized with a 2018 Scholastic Art Gold Key, Silver Key, and Honorable Mention, and a special thank you to Rachel Broge, Victoria Molitor, and Samantha Smith for their leadership. The works of Gold and Silver Key recipients will be on display at the Milwaukee Art Museum later this year, click here for more.
Scholastic Art Award Honorees
- Brandon Allen-Cunningham (Freshman) - Salle d'art (Honorable Mention, Drawing & Illustration)
- Emma Barany (Senior) - The United States of America (Gold Key, Film & Animation); Art Portfolio (Gold Key); Nonne es formidulosior quam Ego? Ego modo sum quid fis. (Silver Key, Mixed Media); Screaming Neurons (Honorable Mention, Film & Animation)
- Bailey Coakley (Junior) - Ginger (Honorable Mention, Painting)
- Megan Daniels (Junior) - Flash Back (Honorable Mention, Mixed Media)
- Isabel McClain (Freshman) - The Lines of Life (Gold Key, Drawing & Illustration); The Gift of Being Human (Honorable Mention, Drawing & Illustration)
- Emma Stapel (Freshman) - Self Portrait (Honorable Mention, Drawing & Illustration)
- Olivia Soudah (Sophomore) - Self Portrait (Honorable Mention, Drawing & Illustration)
- Abby Werry (Junior) - The Queen of Color (Honorable Mention, Drawing & Illustration)
Pictured above: The Lines of Life by Isabel McClain (Gold Key)