During June 7-10, students from Wisconsin Hills Middle School and Swanson Elementary competed in the National Science Bee competition in Chicago, after qualifying through participation in regional events. They competed against other students who qualified from across the United States, and some qualified for multiple Academic competitions.
Wisconsin Hills student Joshua Wang took 1st place in the 6th Grade Division of the National Science Bee and Swanson student Matthew Wang took 5th place in the Elementary School Division. WHMS student Swar Khopkar made it through the preliminary rounds of the competition into the Semi-Finals and finished tied for 28th in the 6th Grade Division.
Congratulations to all Elmbrook participants who made it to the national level:
• Joshua Wang: Science Bee Champion- 1st Place (out of 83)- 6th Grade Division
• Matthew Wang: Science Bee Finalist- 5th Place (out of 99)- Elementary School
• Swar Khopkar: Science Bee Semifinalist- 28th place (out of 83)- 6th Grade
• Reva Hegde: Science Bee and Geography Bee Participant
• Erin Hu: Science Bee and Geography Bee Participant
• Darrick Li: Science Bee Participant
• Kartik Ramachandrula: Science Bee National Qualifier
• Vaidehi Ramachandrula: Science Bee National Qualifier
• Liem Rao: Science Bee and Geography Bee Participant
Pictured: Joshua Wang with National Champion plaque and medal