Elmbrook Schools' Preschool
Elmbrook Schools’ Preschool is a high-quality program where experts will utilize resources in reading, writing, math, science, and social and emotional development to prepare our youngest learners for success. This tuition-based program features Wisconsin-certified instructors with Master's and Bachelor's degrees in a stimulating and nurturing educational environment. We provide classroom assistants for a maximum 1:10 student/teacher ratio.
Our preschool program runs throughout the school year, 5 days a week, with morning or afternoon session options. On-site 6AM-6PM wraparound care is available.
Children must turn 4 years old on or before September 1st of the year they will begin preschool. There is no early entrance process for preschool. To apply, please fill out the online enrollment application linked under "New Student Enrollment". For more information about the preschool program, please call Burleigh Elementary School at (262) 781-5280 or Christy Schmid at (262) 781-3030 x1183.
Preschool is located at Burleigh Elementary.
- Preschool Q & A
- Parent Information Night 2018 Presentation
- New Student Enrollment
- Is childcare available for before or after preschool?
- 2018-2019 Calendar
- 2018-2019 Supply List
- Parent Handbook
- Additional Forms, Documents & Information
- Children must turn 4 years old on or before September 1 of the year they will attend preschool. There is no early entrance process for preschool.
- Our preschool teachers are Wisconsin-certified elementary teachers with an early childhood emphasis. Each preschool classroom will also be staffed with a qualified assistant. Adult to student ratio is 1:10.
- Preschool is located within Burleigh Elementary School, 16185 Burleigh Place, Brookfield 53005
- The Preschool Program runs Monday-Friday. The morning session runs 8:30-11:15 a.m. and the afternoon session runs 12:30-3:15 p.m.
- Families can select a preference of the morning or afternoon session when applying, but preference is not guaranteed, as each session has limited capacity.
- Non-residents may complete the enrollment process; however enrollment priority is given to district residents.
- Families must provide transportation to and from preschool.
- Preschool will follow the Elmbrook Schools calendar with a few exceptions. A calendar will be provided to families.
How much is tuition for preschool?
Preschool Tuition is $3,850 for the 2019-20 school year. A $250 non-refundable deposit made by check is due at time of enrollment will be applied toward the first tuition payment. Remaining tuition is billed in four installments and online payments are required. For more information about preschool tuition please call Christy Schmid at (262)781-3030 x1183.
The 2019-20 tuition payment schedule is as follows:
$250 non-refundable deposit due at time of enrollment
$712.50 first quarter tuition payment - August 1, 2019
$962.50 second quarter tuition payment - November 1, 2019
$962.50 third quarter tuition payment - January 3, 2020
$962.50 fourth quarter tuition payment - March 1, 2020
Is childcare available for before or after preschool?
Childcare (wraparound) is provided outside of preschool hours and delivered by a childcare provider, not the school district. Mary Linsmeier Schools - Children's Edu-Care will be providing care. All fees and paperwork associated with childcare are completed with Mary Linsmeier Schools and not handled by the school district. Mary Linsmeier will also be providing childcare for students on non-school days at their site. Registration and fees required. Space is limited.
How is preschool different from 4K?
The Elmbrook Schools' Preschool program is not taxpayer funded. It is tuition-based. The preschool program does prepare students for a 5K experience.
What will be the focus of the preschool curriculum?
- uses the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards
- primary focus on language and literacy development (letter knowledge, phonological awareness, emergent reading)
- exposure to math and science concepts through an inquiry process
- cultivating social and emotional development through peer interactions
- development of executive function skills (cognitive skills such as impulse control, multitasking, following multistep directions, remaining focused/avoiding distractions, problem-solving, and self-regulation)
Childcare (also known as "wraparound care") is provided outside of preschool hours. It is delivered on-site at Burleigh by Mary Linsmeier Schools - Children's Edu-Care from 6AM to 6PM. It is not run by the School District of Elmbrook. Care is available on non-school days provided by Mary Linsmeier at the Mary Linsmeier site, not at Burleigh. Registration and fees required. Space is limited and not guaranteed.
Registration for childcare is done directly with Mary Linsmeier. Mary Linsmeier's contact info: www.marylinsmeierschools.org or (262)783-2780.
Below you will find documents to provide further information regarding care before or after your child's preschool session, including application materials.
2018-19 Mary Linsmeier Extended Care Information and Application
2019-20 Mary Linsmeier Extended Care Information and Application
Mary Linsmeier Forms & Information:
Child Health Report
Disabilities & Special Dietary Needs
Payment Policies and Procedures
EFT Authorization Form
EFT Cover Letter
Parent Letter / Photo Permission Slip
State Child Care Enrollment Form
State Health History & Emergency Care Plan Form
State Student Immunization Record
Your Guide to Regulated Childcare
School District of Elmbrook Forms & Information:
I. Medication Information:
If your child needs to take scheduled, as needed, or emergency medications while at preschool (8:30-11:15 or 12:30-3:15) a medication authorization form will need to be completed. If the medication your child needs to take is a prescription medication the school district requires both your practitioner's signature along with parent/guardian signature. See the link below to select the most appropriate diagnosis specific form (asthma, allergy, diabetes, etc.) OR general medication form for your practitioner to complete.
If your child may need to take scheduled or as needed medication which is an over the counter medication, only a parent signature is required. See "medication authorization form" for over the counter medication.
All unexpired medication needs to come to school in its original packaging accompanied by the above forms.
IV. If your child will not be attending preschool please:
a. Call the Burleigh Health Room at 262- 781-5599
b. Email Burleighhealthroom@elmbrooksch