Elmbrook Schools' Preschool
Elmbrook Schools’ Preschool is a high-quality program where experts will utilize resources in reading, writing, math, science, and social and emotional development to prepare our youngest learners for success. This tuition-based program features Wisconsin-certified instructors with Master's and Bachelor's degrees in a stimulating and nurturing educational environment. We provide classroom assistants for a maximum 1:10 student/teacher ratio.
Our preschool program runs throughout the school year, 5 days a week, with morning or afternoon session options. On-site 6AM-6PM wraparound care is available.
Any child who is 4 years old, on or before September 1, 2017 can enroll for the 2017-18 school year and any child who is 4 years old on or before September 1, 2018 can enroll for the 2018-19 school year. There is no early entrance process for preschool. To apply, please fill out the online enrollment application linked under "New Student Enrollment". For more information about the preschool program, please call Burleigh Elementary School at (262) 781-5280 or Christy Schmid at (262) 781-3030 x1183.
Preschool is located at Burleigh Elementary.
- Preschool Q & A
- Parent Information Night 2018 Presentation
- New Student Enrollment
- Is childcare available for before or after preschool?
- 2017-2018 Calendar
- 2017-2018 Supply List
- Parent Handbook
- Additional Forms & Documents
- Any child who is 4 years old, on or before September 1, 2017 can apply for 2017-18 Preschool. There is no early entrance process for preschool.
- Any child who is 4 years old, on or before September 1, 2018 can apply for 2018-19 Preschool. There is no early entrance process for preschool.
- Our preschool teachers are Wisconsin-certified elementary teachers with an early childhood emphasis. Each preschool classroom will also be staffed with a qualified assistant. Adult to student ratio is 1:10.
- Preschool is located within Burleigh Elementary School, 16185 Burleigh Place, Brookfield 53005
- The Preschool Program runs Monday-Friday. The morning session runs 8:30-11:15 a.m. and the afternoon session runs 12:30-3:15 p.m.
- Families can select a preference of the morning or afternoon session when applying, but preference is not guaranteed, as each session has limited capacity.
- Non-residents may complete the enrollment process; however enrollment priority is given to district residents.
- Families must provide transportation to and from preschool.
- Preschool will follow the Elmbrook Schools Calendar with a few exceptions. A calendar will be provided to families in Spring 2018 for the 2018-19 school year.
How much is tuition for preschool?
Preschool Tuition is $3,700 per school year. The $250 non-refundable deposit will be applied towards your first tuition payment. Tuition is billed in four installments. For more information about preschool tuition please call Christy Schmid (262)781-3030 x1183.
The tuition payment schedule is as follows:
$250 non-refundable deposit due at time of enrollment
$675 first quarter tuition payment - August 1, 2018
$925 second quarter tuition payment - November 1, 2018
$925 third quarter tuition payment - January 4, 2018
$925 fourth quarter tuition payment - March 1, 2018
Childcare (wraparound) is provided outside of preschool hours and delivered by a childcare provider, not the school district. Mary Linsmeier Schools - Children's Edu-Care will be providing care. All fees and paperwork associated with childcare are completed with Mary Linsmeier Schools and not handled by the school district. Mary Linsmeier will also be providing childcare for students on non-school days. Registration and fees required.How is preschool different from 4K?
The Elmbrook Schools' Preschool program is not taxpayer funded. It is tuition-based. The preschool program does prepare students for a 5K experience.
What will be the focus of the preschool curriculum?
- uses the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards
- primary focus on language and literacy development (letter knowledge, phonological awareness, emergent reading)
- exposure to math and science concepts through an inquiry process
- cultivating social and emotional development through peer interactions
- development of executive function skills (cognitive skills such as impulse control, multitasking, following multistep directions, remaining focused/avoiding distractions, problem-solving, and self-regulation)
Childcare (also known as "wraparound care") is provided outside of preschool hours. It is delivered on-site at Burleigh by Mary Linsmeier Schools - Children's Edu-Care from 6AM to 6PM. It is not run by the School District of Elmbrook. Mary Linsmeier will also be providing childcare for students on non-school days. Registration and fees required.Registration for childcare is done directly with Mary Linsmeier. Mary Linsmeier's contact info: www.marylinsmeierschools.org or (262)783-2780.
Below you will find a few documents to provide further information regarding care before or after your child's preschool session.
Child Health Report
Disabilities & Special Dietary Needs
Payment Policies and Procedures
EFT Authorization Form
EFT Cover Letter
Parent Letter / Photo Permission Slip
State Child Care Enrollment Form
State Health History & Emergency Care Plan Form
State Student Immunization Record
2017-18 Welcome Checklist
Your Guide to Regulated Childcare
Enrollment for the 2018-2019 school year is now open for children who will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2018
Please contact Christy Schmid at email@example.com or (262) 781-3030 x1183 with questions or about availability for the 2017-18 or 2018-19 school year.