A Parent Resource for Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Elmbrook Schools Health Services
The School District of Elmbrook Health Services Department ensures the health and safety of all students during the school day. The district has two Registered Nurses on staff who supervise Health Room Assistants at each school. An additional Registered Nurse staffs Fairview South School on a full time basis. All Nurses and Health Room Assistants are trained in First Aid and CPR/AED skills.
The primary emphasis is on maintaining an optimal level of health through established district/medical policies and practices for all students through:
- Providing basic emergency care for illness or injury during the school day as well as all school sponsored activities
- Monitoring students’ health status during periods of short term rest or recovery in the health room
- Conferring with parents/guardians and children regarding health problems
- Referring emergency situations to parents and appropriate medical personnel
- Medication administration
- Attendance monitoring
- Maintaining immunization records
- Obtaining and maintaining emergency cards and other appropriate medical documents for students and personnel
- Assisting in the prevention and control of communicable diseases
- Providing Hearing and Vision Screening services
- Participating in the development and implementation of the district Human Growth and Development program
- Participating in IEPs and other meetings to discuss medical needs of a student, including decisions regarding Homebound Instruction
- Providing resources for teaching and other staff in appropriate medical policies/procedures and health units in the school curriculum
News & Announcements
With growing concerns about measles outbreaks in neighboring states, efforts are underway to make immunizations available in Wisconsin, and to encourage parents to get their kids vaccinated. Children's Hospital of Wisconsin is committed to providing resources so all children--whether or not they're a current patient--can get vaccinated.
Due to the recent outbreaks of measles across the nation, Elmbrook Schools feels this is important health information to share with you.
Tanya Fredrich, PhD
Asst. Superintendent for Teaching & Learning
Coordinator of Student Services email@example.com