Academic and Career Planning
WHY? Why Academic and Career Planning?
Research suggests that meaningful student participation in a quality, ongoing academic and career planning process can lead to the following:
- Access to instruction and experiences needed to develop critical work/life skills, knowledge, and habits
- Active student participation to determine how to meet his/her needs
- Understanding skills, knowledge, and habits necessary to achieve his/her vision
- More relevant course selection - enhancing each student’s understanding of the relevance of school courses and out-of-school learning opportunities
- Increased engagement and motivation leading to better academic performance in school
- Better understanding of post-secondary options -- providing the student with access to career development opportunities that incorporate self-exploration, career exploration, and career planning and management activities (ACP Process Phases: Know-Explore-Plan-Go)
For more information about Academic and Career Planning, visit the WI Department of Public Instruction’s website.
How will students engage in the ACP Process?
- MS Academic & Career Planning UbDs
- HS Academic & Career Planning UbDs
- Individual conferencing/communications
- Access to the ACP software tool
Other ACP Resource